De nuevo en un lugar de la mancha...

martes, 20 de marzo de 2012

The rest of the warrior

I have learnt that in life one of the things you do all the time and you keep doing "non-stop" is precisely that: learning.

A long time ago I had to learn how to talk, how to walk, then how to ride a bike, how to swim,... some time ago I learnt music, I studied many things (from economics to geology and physics). Then I learnt how to change my body and by that means also your mind. Working out almost everyday you also learn about sacrifice, about pain and gain, etc.

Since I arrived to London I have improved my English undoubtedly, but I think I've improved something even more necessary in life as a results of all the events that have occured during  the past eleven months:
my social skills.

This is part of life and it's the best part of my time in London, that and the huge amount of people I'm meeting here.

After several months of studies and preparation for the CAE exam, I did it last saturday. Though the final result is gonna be unveiled after one month or so, I wanna be optimistic. The sun is shinning, spring is coming and i'm just five minutes walking from hyde park. This is the attitude:



I'm reading a book and I found this fragment of text in it. It's also applicable despite some recent changes in my opinion and I wanted to share it:

We have this idea that love is supposed to last forever. But love isn't like that. It's a
free-flowing energy that comes and goes when it pleases. Sometimes it stays
for life; other times it stays for a second, a day, a month, or a year. So don't
fear love when it comes simply because it makes you vulnerable. But don't
be surprised when it leaves, either. Just be glad you had the opportunity

to experience it.

Now, almost a year after my set off from that place in "la mancha" i'm looking further, aiming higher, again...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Envíame tu comentario, saldrá publicado en breve.